Thursday, May 17, 2012

Girl talk with my gal pals

I’ve really sucked at this writing thing lately. And I don’t really have an excuse… Sure, I’ve been busy “doing things”, but that’s not even the real reason. Fact is, even with all developments in my life, I still have time to write, I just don’t seem to actually do it.

This isn’t the first time it has happened and it certainly won’t be the last. But I will make an effort to start writing again. Or at least, I’ll think about writing again. Because having a post idea is about 1/3 of the battle anyway.

So, what have I been doing with my time? To be honest, mostly Thailand. Sure, work, school, getting out in the sun, watching movies, blah, blah, blah. But if I had to pinpoint the thing that keeps me up at night, it would have to be Thailand.

Literally.

And just because you’re all dying to know the goings-ons, allow me to elaborate. I guess we’ve been officially seeing each other for two months now. I said officially, but in all honesty, there isn’t anything official about it because I can only call him “the guy I’m seeing” and not something else with an official label, like “boyfriend” or “back off, he’s mine”.

Six months ago, when I was still friends with K, this probably would have driven me bat-shit-crazy; the relationship wouldn’t have lasted this long because I would have turned into a high-maintenance-crazy-what-does-this-all-mean girl. Who am I kidding… I never would have even met him if I was still friends with K. I guess it’s safe to say that things have changed for me since my best friend stopped being my best friend.

And even though I know we’ve been seeing each other long enough that it’s okay to have the discussion about what we’re doing and where things are going, I just don’t care. I was talking to my mom about it the other day. She asked if we were “an item” yet; I told her nothing was official. She said that if he’s sleeping over, then we must be an item; I said we were definitely something. She said that if I’m happy and enjoying myself then that’s all that really matters; I said that I am both of those things and it really doesn’t bother me… a girl’s gotta eat and I was starved for years.

(I’m really thankful that I can have that kind of conversation with my mother and it’s not awkward.)

Anyway, there was a period of time where I was convinced that we were just fuck buddies and that it wasn’t going anywhere. Surprisingly, I was okay with that revelation. Turns out it only lasted about 2 days, because things started changing after that.

For one, he started telling me things. Personal things. Things that aren’t part and parcel with pillow talk. Things you don’t tell the girl you’re just fucking. Second, he bought me a birthday gift. A really thoughtful birthday gift. A birthday gift that indicated that he was listening to what I say. Third, we started spending time together, and not just between the sheets. Sometimes he comes over and we watch a movie. Sometimes he sleeps over and we don’t have sex. Sometimes I see him and we just talk. And fourth, he has told me repeatedly that’s he’s not seeing anyone else and he’s not sleeping around.

These are very good things and I have to say, I’m pretty fricken pleased with how things are going, even though I have no idea where things are going. Eventually, I’ll have to have the discussion with him, but until the day comes where I need to know (you know, when you develop real feelings and junk), I’m happy doing what I’m doing.

Okay, now onto the funny part (a.k.a. the real reason I’m telling you all of this.. I’m not bragging, I swear!). And I apologize in advance if this falls into the TMI category.

I’m allergic to latex. I have to buy very specific condoms, specifically, non-latex condoms. They can be quite difficult to find and if you ever look around, you’ll notice that there are only two kinds of non-latex condoms. So, one day after purchasing a new supply, I was turning the box over in my hands, looking for the “open here” part when something caught my eye.

SAM_0857

I nearly peed myself laughing.

5 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I had no idea where that was going but I loved the destination when we got there.
    If you're happy with the way things are going, who cares what label is put on the relationship? As for writing, you can always put an arbitrary schedule/deadline on yourself, it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, labels aren't important, but they drive me to full-blown panic attacks. First, you're stranger. Then, an item. After a while, you push for something more. It never stops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome.

    Wait...so you're allergic to the gloves at work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the only one that thought your hilarious story was going to be that he accidentally bought latex condoms and we got to find out what awful thing happens down there when rubbed vigorously with latex?

    (Still quite funny, though, the box)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pickleope - self-imposed schedules don't really work for me... I rebel against myself and don't stick to it. It's like I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm not the boss of me. It makes little to no sense at best.

    Nellie - I think that's the very reason why I don't want to even start... it usually only ends one way (badly).

    Gorm - yes. And you should know this! (that's why I double glove when working with acetone) I probably told you during your safety tour. I'm surprised you don't remember... you remember every other thing I said that day. :)

    Beer - I'm sure you can imagine what happens in that situation. Actually, don't... it's painful just thinking about it. (And that, my friend, is exactly how I discovered I'm allergic to latex!). Also, I think that definitely falls under the TMI category! :)

    ReplyDelete

Wanna brighten That White Girl's day? Leave a comment - they make me happy!